Mid Level Tricks
1) Toss the diabolo upwards by
pulling your hands apart. The motion for tossing is NOT up and down, but more horizontal
2) As the diabolo is in the air, do a full turn (a 360 turn of your whole body).
the diabolo on the string as you would do a regular toss.
1) Toss the
diabolo upwards by pulling your hands apart. The motion for tossing is NOT up and down, but more horizontal
2) As the diabolo is in the air, jump
over the string so that it passes underneath your feet and over your head.
Catch the diabolo on the string as you would do a regular toss.
Start with the diabolo spinning at normal speed and with the strings not tangled or crossed in any way
2) Imagine that you are facing a clock, where the top of your head is 12 o' clock, your
feet 6 o'clock, and directly to your left is 9 o'clock. Now
swing the diabolo to your left in a circle
3) When the diabolo reaches about 9 o'clock or 10 o'clock, let go
of your right stick
4) The stick will swing around in a huge circle and you should catch it around 3 o'clock.
You can catch either the string or the stick.
Around the back is when the diabolo circles the body/both legs in a clockwise direction.
1) Toss the
diabolo high up and bring the string over your head and behind your back.
Catch the diabolo with the right side of your string and let the diabolo roll along the string and go to the left side.
Then the diabolo should hop over the body/both legs in a small clockwise circle. Remember
that the left handstick guides the toss over the body/both legs.
3) To exit,
toss high up and take the string over your head and bring it back to the regular position.
Around the World
1) Swing the diabolo to your right side.
2) When the diabolo reaches 3 o'clock, make a loop around the axle using
your right hand, and touch the tip of the stick to the axle. 3)
Let go of the right hand stick.
4) Swing the whole thing (diabolo and hand stick) to your left, drawing a big circle
clockwise. Make sure that the string is taunt when you are swinging everything around.
5) When the diabolo is directly
above you at 12 o'clock, you can let the string slack a bit so that it will fall down more, instead of drawing a full
6) Let the diabolo come down and catch the right hand stick.
7) This should end up with a loop on the axle of the diabolo, so to exit fully, you
must unwrap the diabolo with your right hand.
Leg Orbits - 180 Turns
1) Begin by doing leg orbits (see fundamental tricks section). This is
your starting position.
2) This time,
instead of tossing the diabolo over your leg, pop it directly up. It should end up on the left side of your body.
3) While the diabolo is still in
the air, turn 180 degrees to your left.
You should now be facing the opposite way, with the diabolo still in the air on your right side.
5) Do 1 leg orbit as you normally would, except this time, you're facing the opposite
way that you started.
6) Repeat step 2.
7) Repeat step 3.
8) You should now be facing the same direction as you started, doing regular leg orbits.
9) Exit as you normally would leg orbits, or you can keep doing 180 turns as long as
the diabolo has enough speed.
This trick involves "hooking" the diabolo from an arm orbit position and swinging it in a
2 suns while turning your body.
This trick involves getting the string on both sides of your neck and bouncing the diabolo from one
side to the other.
This trick imitates the shape of an umbrella,
as the diabolo goes from one side to the other above both handsticks.